Who is Taapsee Pannu ?
Taapsee Pannu is an Indian Actress and Model born on 1 August 1987 in New Delhi, India. Her Tamil debut Adakulam in 2011 was critically acclaimed by the audience and was also a big commercial success. She is the co-owner of an event company named The Wedding Factory, which organises marriages and many such events.
Some Lesser Known Facts about Taapsee Pannu
- During college days, she has also done some modelling assignments and ads for the brands like Reliance, PVR, Pantaloons, etc.
- She also participated in Miss India 2008 pageant and won the titles of Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face and also Safi Femina Miss Beautiful Skin.
- She was very much active in her school days too; as she used to work as a public speaker and also used to participate in almost all festival competitions.
- Apart from dancing and acting, she is a solid squash player. Taapsee has an ability to defeat anyone in squash.
- She is a Jat Sikhni, who was born and brought up in Delhi.
- She has also worked as a software engineer and developed an app- FontSwap.
- She has a huge crush on actor Ranbir Kapoor.
- Few people know that Taapsee’s nickname is ‘Maggie’. she looks adorable and beautiful in her curly hairs. Thus, this could be the reason for naming her, Maggie.
- In her 2nd year of college while studying computer engineering , she decided to opt MBA. She also gave CAT exam and scored 88 percentile in it, but she didn’t get the admission where she wanted.
- While shooting for the court scenes for the film Pink, Taapsee suffered from a viral infection and she decided that she would prefer her voice to be dubbed, but later, Shoojit Sircar asked Taapsee to do it herself; as it added more authenticity to the scenes.
- In an interview with Behindwoods, she shared that who so ever she meets, asks her about the meaning of her name, and it happens almost every time she comes across someone, which she finds irritating sometimes.
- In 2018, she was starred in the biopic of the famous International hockey player- Sandeep Singh, playing the role of Harpreet, along with Diljit Dosanjh.
- She is a big Powerpuff girl (a cartoon character), lover.
- She wants to marry someone who is not from the entertainment industry.
- She is given a pseudonym “Goddess of flop heroes,” which is being given to her because she has worked with many South-Indian flop heroes.
- Taapsee learned Kathak dance for 8 years from the famous Birju Maharaj‘s disciples.
- She had a very studious personality in her school and she was hardly interested in becoming an actress at that time.
- She has remained the popular face of magazines like “Just For Women” and “MaaStars”.
- She is among the few South Indian actresses to have had 7 releases in a single year (2011).
- Does Taapsee Pannu Smoke ? No!
- Does Taapsee Pannu Drink Alcohol ? Yes!