Who is Emraan Hashmi ?
Emraan Anwar Hashmi is an Indian film actor born on 24 March 1979 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He has done a lot of commercials also, but he chooses very wisely the type of commercials he wants to do. Hashmi made his acting debut in 2003, with Vikram Bhatt’s thriller Footpath. He is well Known for his movies like Murder (2004), Zeher (2005), Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005), Gangster (2006), etc
|Real Name||Emraan Anwar Hashmi|
|Nick Name(s)||Emmi, Serial Kisser|
|Date of Birth||24 March 1979|
|Age (as on 2018)||39 Years|
|Birth Place||Pulgaon, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Salary/Per Movie Income (Approx.)||₹ 10-12 Crores|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||₹ 89 Crore/ $13 Million|
|Height||in centimeters:173 cm|
in meters: 1.73 m
in feet inches: 5’ 8”
|Weight||in kilograms: 75 kg|
in pounds: 165 lbs
|Body Measurements||Chest: 42 inches|
Waist: 32 inches
Biceps: 14 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Cars Collection||BMW 5 series, Audi A8, Honda Civic|
|Bikes Collection||Ducati Diavel|
|Properties/Homes/Address||A Duplex in Bandra, Mumbai|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Debut||Footpath, Movie (2003)|
|Hobbies/Interests||Playing Video Games, Collecting Watches, Doing Photography|
|Favourite Brand(s)||Diesel, G-Star, Replay, Dsquared2, Hugo Boss, Audemars Piguet|
|Favourite Restaurant(s)||Bademiya in Mumbai|
|Favorite Color||Black, White, Blue|
|Favourite Perfume||Eternity by Calvin Klein|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Sanjay Dutt, Dilip Kumar,Michael J Fox, Jack Nicholson|
|Favourite Actress||Sridevi, Katrina Kaif|
|Controversies||– In 2009,before purchasing a flat in the ‘Nibbana cooperative housing society’ in Pali Hill, Bandra, Mumbai, he accused the society of doing “religious discrimination” against him as they refused a no objection certificate (NOC) to purchase a flat in the society because of his religion, which was denied by the society.|
– Emraan Hashmi house controversy
M D Suvarna, from whom Emraan wanted to buy the flat, later said that he didn’t want to sell it anymore. He said, “I received a call from my son in Canada that he might return and might need the flat; he then advised me not to sell it. I informed the Hashmis that my plans had changed and my son needed the flat.”
– When Emraan and Mahesh Bhatt were invited to the Karan Johar’s show ‘Koffee with Karan’, he said that Aishwarya Rai is “plastic”, Aamir Khan is “boring” and then used the “overrated” adjective for Imran Khan.
|Parents||Father: Anwar Hashmi, Businessman, Actor|
Mother: Maherahh Hashmi, Actress
|Sibling(s)||Brother: Calvin Hashmi|
|Wife/Spouse/Marriage Date||Parveen Shahani (m.2006-present)|
|Children(s)||Son: Ayaan Hashmi|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Emraan Hashmi
- His father, Anwar Hashmi, is a businessman, who also acted in the 1968 film Baharon Ki Manzil, and his mother, Maherrah Hashmi, was a homemaker.
- Emraan Hashmi is the part of the Bhatt family was born and raised in Mumbai.
- Emraan was born to the Muslim father and the Christian (Catholic) mother and his loved ones used to call him Emmi.
- He was interested in acting, since his childhood.
- Emraan is the relative of Bhatt family, as he is the maternal nephew of Mahesh Bhatt and cousin of Alia Bhatt, Rahul Bhatt, Pooja Bhatt, and Shaheen Bhatt.
- He is married to his long-time beau Parveen and prefers to keep his personal life hidden from the media.
- He is a gadget freak.
- Emraan is fond of buying latest cars and bikes.
- Emraan Hashmi feels that kissing has lost its shock value.
- In 2016, his autobiographical book ‘The Kiss of Life’ was released in which he shared his experience dealing with his 3-year-old son Ayaan’s cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Does Emraan Hashmi Smoke ? No!
- Does Emraan Hashmi Drink Alcohol ? Yes!